- Bristol Fire Department will be having a fish fry May 16th at the fire station 405 E. Elkhart Street from 3pm-7pm, $7 per person.
- The Elkhart County Genealogical Society will hold its meeting on May 21,2015 at 7:00 P.M. at the First Presbyterian Church 200 East Beardsley Ave. Elkhart. The benefits of using the Indiana Genealogical Society website and its research capabilities. Speakers will be members: Mona Gehring -Elkhart County Genealogist and Lisa Ellam – North Central District Director of IGS. Please use the east entrance to the Church where there is plenty of parking. Refreshments will be served. If you have any questions please contact, Anita Rodgers 574- 875 6043 or Penny Bucks 574- 848 1623 or check out our face book page. Elkhart County Genealogical Society or our website ElkhartCoGenSoc.org
- Second Chance Small Dog Rescue May events: Our foster dogs are looking for fur-ever homes. The dogs are fully vetted, spayed or neutered and 20# or less. May 23, Adopt a Dog Day 10am-2pm Big R 3501 S. Main St. Elkhart Please join us! May 9: Spring Fundraiser 10am to 2 pm at O’Reilly’s Auto Parts, 1521 Cassopolis St. Elkhart Nelsons chicken BBQ w/potatoes. All proceeds go to the direct health care of our foster dogs. Please come out and support your local rescue.
- Elkhart County Humane Shelter 54687 County Road 19 Red Barn Resale Shop. Come check us out May 8 and 9 and 22 and 23, 10am – 4pm.
- Elkhart County Humane Shelter Annual Members Meeting at the Lerner, May 19. Call HSEC for more information
Include updates, upcoming events and community news in the June 6, 2015 issue by calling our office at 848-1404 or emailing: Bristolnews@aol.com by June 2, 2015.